Improv team ready to perform

The Improv Team at Granger High School is off to a good start. They have just barely finished tryouts so they could get a team together. After going through tryouts, eleven students were chosen to be on the Improv Team. Some students who made the team include:  Bailey Beacham, Jett Larson, Tyler Wagstaff, and others. Members of the Improv Team feel that this year will be a great year. Improv is a form of live theatre in which the plot, characters and dialogue of a game, scene or story are made up in the moment.

Adam Nehring (12) wants to get involved with school activities this year. “I’ve always have found it easy to make up things off the top of my head,” Nehring said. He was excited to meet the new team that he will be getting to know as friends. On his first shift of improv, which is at the end of the week during lunches, he was amazed by the turnout of students who wanted to participate. Nehring said this will always be a memory he will have.

The captain of the Improv Team this year is Bailey Beacham (11). He felt very strongly about this Improv Team this year. “I think that they all have potential if we all work together,” He said. They will be having one competition this year that they know of. Beacham was part of the Improv Team as a sophomore. He wanted to join improv because a great friend of his recommended him to the team. Ever since, he has been a part of improv and has loved it.

They practice twice a week and they are always focused. They do improv at all lunches at the end of the week. Usually there is a giant crowd of people who want to participate based on which lunch it is. The Improv Team is hoping that they can get more people to want to participate and join Improv Team.

Jacob Lewis (12) is new to improv. This year is the first year he tried out and got interested. “Improv helps you in pop quizzes. When they happen, you have to think off the top of your head like improv,” Lewis said. He had a couple of friends who suggested to him that he would be great at improv, so he joined the team.

Jett Larson (11) is the co-captain for this year’s Improv Team. He feels that they are going to do great. “We all work together and send off this teamwork vibe, so I feel like we will do very well at competitions, and we will impress people at our shows,” Larson said. He feels that improv shouldn’t be looked at like acting, but looked as a game.

The Improv Council and representatives feel like this is a great group of people. Most of the students on the team are already very familiar with their teammates, as they have all been a part of the drama program together previously, and it is showing in their performances. Improv Team can be either serious or funny, and it is usually just playing games. The whole Improv Team is confident and ready to go. The Improv Team here at Granger High School seems to be very optimistic about how they will perform as a team this school year.