Dont date kids at your school

Jasmine Vazquez Soto, Reporter

STUDENTS do not want to date other people who are in the same school as them. People want to date students from other schools for many reasons. People consider things like their privacy, personal preferences, or because they don’t want a relationship with someone from their school that they have known all throughout their schooling. 

Everyone has their own unique preferences of different types of people they are into. Some feel like they can’t find their type or maybe they don’t feel a romantic connection with anyone at their school. 

When someone is in a relationship with someone from their school, it can cause fear about the possible chance that the relationship might end over time. “They don’t wanna see them after the breakup,” Shamila Sotelo (10) said. 

After the breakup, kids will see that previous partner around school, and if they have a class with them, it’s going to be awkward if they sit next to each other in class.

Staying friends after a breakup is a likely chance, but probably not going to happen.

Kids will see an ex- talking to other people that they never knew about before the breakup. Some think it’s better to be alone than to be in bad company with someone else. In some situations, they don’t stay friends with their ex- because of the memories they had together, and it makes the situation sad for them.  

Students may find someone from a different school with the same interest or the same personality as them. “People at their school suck and they find someone better from a different school”, said Adriana Martienez (10). Somehow a relationship could have been started by family, friends or even a party they attended. 

For some students, they find someone sweet, nice, attractive, funny, etc, but the only downside is that they go to a different school. Even if they don’t go to the same school, they will find a way to hang out when they have free time. They’ll never know if they found the love of their life, as some would say, somewhere in the world and not in your school. 

“It’s kinda hard to get out of the talking stage for some people,” Rachel Ta’ala (10) said. Kids don’t have relationships with others from their school because of the failed stages they are going to have. If you have or had talked to someone for a long time, but you feel nothing for them or never had an interest in them, you ghost them. The problem with that is you’re going to see that person around school, and they’ll even be in some of your classes