an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

Reckless Drivers

Reckless+Drivers

Have you ever seen somebody on the road driving like they were in NFS or GTA? Or have you seen somebody driving so bad that it almost makes you crash?

It’s not a mystery that on Utah roads there are a lot of drivers that don’t have a single idea about driving, and we don’t even know how they got their driver license. And the worst thing is, that they don’t get pulled over by the cops when they make a bad and dangerous maneuver, letting these people keep doing their reckless driving until something bad happens.

Many students had a bad experience with these people, but not just every week, there are times that number can be more than one in just one day. Every time that you drive you are always in danger, no matter if you are driving well and following the laws, you can’t avoid an accident every time.

Literally, it’s you against all these people.

There are a lot of experiences of this topic, because a lot of students have a car, and everybody must go to their work or school.

Last week I was driving on I-215 south when I saw a queen mattress falling from a truck. It hit one van and then it was going in my direction. I had to do an evasion because if I didn’t, I probably would have tipped over. What do I want to say? Thanks to the mistakes from others, many people have been crashed, injured and even killed.

And I believe that these people could destroy the dreams of others or mine very easily; from destroying your dream car, which you saved a lot of money to buy, to destroying your life leaving you with serious injuries and making it impossible to do work or live a normal life.

If you are a reckless driver that swerves to never miss an exit, never uses blinkers, never respects the traffic lights, never has a safe distance between cars, and never puts down the phone while driving — it’s time to change that now before you ruin the life of other people, and yours.

Remember, there’s no respawn in real life!