an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

Grad Expectations

Grad+Expectations

GRADUATION is such an exciting milestone. Some expectations for graduation might be wearing that cap and gown, walking across the stage, getting a diploma, and celebrating with family and friends.

It’s a special moment to celebrate all the hard work and achievements. There will, of course, be a lot of photos taken to capture the moment. And expect everyone to be wearing nice outfits.

“It’s going to be boring and long. Graduation will be long, with it starting at 7 p.m. and probably ending about 10-11 p.m.,” Ari Montero (12) said.
Kevin Luangsana (12) is expecting graduation to be exciting but is also scared of how it will go. “I don’t know, I’m scared. I don’t want to fall down the stairs,” he said.

No one wants to fall so be careful and watch those steps, seniors. Most seniors say they’re not scared of the day of graduation but more of what will happen after graduation.

One of this year’s valedictorians, Emma Rupp (12), said she is hoping graduation will be exciting and is even having family coming from all over town to hear her speech. Rupp will also be giving shoutouts to some of her peers. She thinks it’s going to be a nice day to celebrate, alongside the seniors after working hard for the last few years.

“I think it will be a bittersweet moment. Not just for me, but for most people. I do think some parts of graduation are boring, but while we’re in the moment, everything will hit you and you’re just going to realize like…dang I’m done. I have to be grown now,” Jessica Trujillo (12) said.

Graduation will be a mix of emotions for a lot of people. Some are just excited to get out of school and start their lives. Some might be sad to be leaving because they have all grown so much during their high school experiences.

There may also be students who don’t know what to do after graduation. But at the end of the day, it’s just the beginning of an era, so expect a whole lot of parents with big smiles — and maybe even tears.

It’ll be a day filled with pride and joy. Congratulations to all the seniors!