an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

What Your ‘For You’ Page Says About You

LANCERS’ ‘For You’ page on TikTok can be based on their personality. TikTok has become addictive in the Granger territory. There are a lot of trends going on in the world, but some spread differently throughout each Lancer’s ‘For You’ page.

Adnan Fisic (9) says he does not get the typical ‘For You’ page. ¨I usually only watch TikTok for an hour a day. I get Rainbow Six Siege and Jujutsu Kaisen edits on my ‘For You’ page.” It seems like Fisic is very interested in the game Rainbow Six Siege which is a popular online shooter game. He likes the anime Jujutsu Kaisen, and his favorite character is Satoru Gojo. ¨I also see more common FPS games and famous shows from time to time,” he said. His ‘For You’ page shows that he is a gamer who enjoys exploring and watching anime.

Another ‘For You’ page that stood out comes from Yania Hernandez (9). “I mostly see get-ready-with-me TikToks, opium TikToks, sad TikToks, relatable TikToks, and funny TikToks.” Get Ready with Me looks like the easiest trend to do now on TikTok. It is fascinating to see a variety of styles or ways people get ready. For those who don’t know what the opium aesthetic is, it is a dark theme where people tend to wear all-black clothes and act mysterious. This shows that Hernandez likes to go in-depth on how people style themselves and gain inspiration on how to style herself.

There have been multiple TikTok trends that Lancers love to join. Granger’s teams like the popular dance named “Rock Ya Hips” by Crime Mob and “Soak City” by 310babii. The boy’s basketball and football teams are involved most of the time in all these videos. Fans can see a team do this as a celebration in the game or just in general. Granger’s sports scene interacts with TikTok a lot.

Samuel Ade (9) is a fan of boys soccer at Granger High and talked about his ‘For You’ page and what he thinks is trending on TikTok. “I am a big sports fan, so all I get is basketball, football, and soccer videos on there. I also get motivational quotes, too. I like it because it helps me focus and see the bigger picture of life,” he said.

There are plenty more ‘For You’ pages on students’ phones at Granger High School, and they’re all different. It seems there is a good variety of personalities throughout the school, and this shows that Lancers are not boring. The students’ interests are fascinating with different people with different qualities that can catch the eye. TikTok does get students addicted and distracted from school, but TikTok also exposes them to trends and styles from around the world.