an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

Lancers excited for upcoming winter fits

As winter approaches, students get more excited for the fall because it’s easier to pick out their outfits and choose comfier options.

As summer is finally coming to an end, the pumpkin patch posts on Instagram will pop up and the haunted house stories will be in almost every story or snap. Fall is finally here!

Summer passed by too fast. Some students prefer summer because they don’t have to worry about being cold, but with winter they can always layer up — unlike the summer when it gets too hot and they can’t layer down.  “I’m not excited for the winter because it gets too cold,” Ariana Guzman (11) said. It’s a valid opinion because Utah can get pretty cold.

“I personally prefer summer better because it’s nice weather, and I get to play soccer more often,” Guzman said.

Throughout the school year hoodies are one of the most used staples in students’ fashion especially in the fall.  “I’m very excited for winter because of my comfy outfits and that basketball season coming up,” Yudith Espinoza (9) said.

Winter sports are coming up soon! “The number one staple that I will continue to use is my Nike hoodie, it’s comfortable and can go with many outfits,” Espinoza said.

Winter is a time where students want to know when winter break is, and just get ready for the holidays. Showing up in pajamas and sweats has become another outfit staple for students throughout the holidays.  “I wear my puffer jacket so often during winter because it just keeps me warm, and my outfits pair really nicely with it,” Kelly Ayala Diaz (11) said.

“I’m excited for winter because I get to drink hot chocolate and stay in my pajamas watching movies. I also get to hang out with my boyfriend. I’m going to Mexico during winter, and it’s the first time I get to go with my whole family,” Ayala Diaz said.

Wearing outfits is a way that many Granger High students can express themselves and have more confidence within themselves. Especially in the winter, cold drains energy, but one perk that takes the edge off winter is knowing that going to school in pajamas is an option.