an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

LAT hosts SpEd trick or treat

Every year, the LAT students go trick-or-treating with the SpEd students around Granger. The team splits up into groups so they can take all the students at once. After they were in their groups, their routes led them around school. They went out to the relos and even to the office where teachers were waiting with candy.

All the students were filled with so much joy and had smiles all around. When walking and talking with them, it’s easy to see that their friendships are close. They laughed, talked, and connected so much together.

All the students had an amazing time going around on a class-to-class tour collecting candy from teachers that were also dressed up. Everyone had amazing costumes ranging from Marshmello to Mortal Kombat characters, Vampires, cool onesies, and amazing face paints.

Ms. Neibaur has led LAT for the past five years and has enjoyed interacting with Granger’s brightest Lancers. LAT volunteers for service. Right now, the team is doing service around the school, but soon they will start doing service outside the school. Every month LAT — with the help of Ms. Neibaurdo activities for the SpEd students. Ms. Neibuar explained that during October they do smaller activities in their classes like making candy bags.

Many of the SpEd parents don’t take these students trick or treating, so this is a fun way to give them these experiences. This activity brings happiness to the students, the LAT kids, and the teachers who participated in handing out candy.

Ms. Neibaur said she was happy with how everything turned out, and she loved hosting it. She said that it is amazing, especially seeing their faces and how much fun they have when trick-or-treating.

Neibaur also explained how it is nice to see the students communicate with others, because the students are very sweet and nice. This activity is a good way for them to meet people, because not a lot of people know them. They appreciate everything that is done for them.

Matheo Ledesma (12) is part of LAT and was dressed up as Jesus for the trick-or-treat activity. He enjoyed his experience helping and taking the students on the trick-or-treat activity. Ledesma said that it was fun, they were all laughing about jokes they told, and that they talked with team members and teachers.

Ledesma also explained how it was fun because they teased each other’s costumes — all in good fun! Thanks to Ms. Neibaur and the LAT team, the SpEd students were able to have an amazing Halloween!