an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

an open forum for student expression

Tri-Color Times

Internships Give Experience

INTERNSHIPS can be done at the GTI, after students have completed certain courses, and they can get more information about Internships in the career center from Ms. Stagg. Students do internships to start practicing for their career or just for the experience part of it.

Allison Dinh (12) is doing an internship at the GTI as a pharmacist technician in training.  “It’s a lot harder than I expected compared to the class and the actual thing. Also, for the internship, you’re supposed to be trained in advance, and often they expect you to know a lot,” said Dinh. She also found there is a liability issue, so if she were to do something wrong, she could possibly get sued.

Dinh usually works 5-6 hours 3-4 days a week. She said it’s a little challenging managing your time with having a full school schedule and a work schedule.

Jaden Dasalla (12) just got done with an internship through Wasatch to create a Linkedin profile through exploring career pathways in medicine. Dasalla toured many institutions like the U of U, Intermountain Health, SLCC and more in order to build his Linkedin profile.

Linkedin is a business- and employment-focused social media platform, and it is used to help boost students’ chances of getting into a medical career. “I enjoyed it, I would recommend it only to those who want to pursue health care and don’t know how,” Dasalla said. He says that they only accept two students from every school. He also says that he would have home release and go from 1:30-3:30 p.m. every Tuesday. “I didn’t mind not getting paid, and it was honestly not a bad experience,” said Dasalla.