Mia and Zoie excited to visit Hawaii during winter break

Leyla Ilyazova, Reporter

HAWAII is an incredibly alluring destination that very few lucky students get the opportunity to visit. From breaks on Hawaiian beaches to visits into the city, any student would be lucky to go to such an incredible destination.

These islands have fashionable shops, dramatic tours, and captivating destinations that would draw almost any teen visiting these islands.

“It’s probably a once-in-a-lifetime trip, so I’m super excited. Right now, we’re planning to go sightseeing and shopping. Even just walking around Honolulu would be so fun, it’s not something you get to see every day,” Mia Cardenas (9) said.

Many people’s interest in Hawaii comes simply from the spectacular beaches, cultural interests, food, traditions and so much more. Not everyone gets to take a trip such as that, and for the very few who do, they know how to take advantage of it. “It’s the perfect place to go to during winter break. It’ll be warm weather with amazing sights so we’re really excited,” Zoie McKnight (9) said.

The diverse scenery also manages pretty well at attracting more tourists. Some Hawaiian activities include surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, and fishing according to Tripster.com. “We read about submarines you can go on for an underwater dinner,” Cardenas said.

You can find some of the most beautiful beaches and waterfalls in Hawaii. Many choose to go on a tropical hike and end up at a magical waterfall. The hikes are one of the best reasons to visit Hawaii.

Hawaii is home to the world’s most active volcano, Kilauea. Millions of people make it their dominant destination to visit in Hawaii. Driving around the main road in the national park, guests will see steam vents, sulfur springs, and varieties of dried lava formations according to the Hawaii.com website.

Deciding to book a perfect Hawaiian vacation takes effort and time. It’s known as “America’s tropical paradise” and has something unique to offer each one of its visitors. With unreal five-star hotels and breathtaking islands, the grace of Hawaii is unlimited.

The stunning scenery isn’t all there is to enjoy in Hawaii, as the culinary scene will charm anyone. From Asian to European and everything in between, whatever they’re craving, they’ll find it there. Hawaii’s food reflects its diverse culture, putting a Hawaiian spin to whatever dish you order. From ordering out a simple breakfast to dining on a large dinner, there is no shortage of amazing experiences.

There is always the option to sit and relax on vacation, but the island has so much to offer. Biking around and exploring the views is a popular way to make memorable moments that will never be forgotten. It’s a cheap way to tour the area around you and view the impressive sights and events going on around the islands.

Day trips are also a common way to explore according to travelguide.com website. On day trips, guests take a ferry around the island’s main sights. Deserted beaches, plantations, and WWII aircraft are some of the many things tourists may see.

Ferries drive around with a tour guide that explains the history of some of Hawaii’s iconic locations. It gives tourists an insight to the land around them and educates them about the background of all the sights around them. Students who have the opportunity to visit Hawaii are considered to be very fortunate. We hope these Lancers enjoy their time in island paradise while others are at home in the snow.