Interactive classes are more fun

STUDENTS around the world attend school regularly, not because they want to, but because they have to. As the population continues to rise dramatically, there will be a higher demand for education. The result of this would be good on the outcome of the future, but the process of how it’s being executed is distressing.

Statistics on the livescience.com website show that 30 percent of students indicated that they are bored due to lack of interaction with teachers, and 75 percent reported that what’s being taught is not interesting. Although the majority of students think that school is boring, there are the kids who just love coming to school.

Students may have a certain class that they do not like, or one that they particularly enjoy. As a student here at Granger High School, I have personally experienced classes that I liked better than others because of how fun they are. A major thing that makes classes really boring is not because of what subject is taught, but the teacher’s method of teaching it.

Perhaps one way to make classes more engaging for students, could be by using more interesting methods to teach the material. For example, using more technology to teach the kids might be less boring than teaching without. On a the americanboard.com website, there were a few suggestions that could help make class more fun: making learning interactive, replacing lectures with conversation, discovering new things together, and even sharing passions with others in the classroom.

Picture this: a classroom full of interactive students busily working on projects together around the room. Now picture a classroom of students sitting down for a long time in the same place, only taking notes and listening to lectures.

Interactivity and projects might also prevent the students from turning their attention to phones because of their new interest in learning a fun way. When students sit down at their desks for a long time, they will feel the urge to take out their phone because they’re simply bored from not doing enough.

Lessons that aren’t boring leads more students to attending their classes regularly. The blog.wizq.com website reported that math, history, Spanish, and English were the least enjoyed subjects. I think that if we were to interview the whole school and ask which class is their least favorite, the results would be similar.

Hopefully teachers can take note of this advice and find fresh and engaging things to add to their daily lesson plans.