GTV requires commitment from talent and crew

EVERY day whether it is an A day or an B day, Lancers rise up for the pledge said by our fellow Lancer family on GTV. Every day Lancers choose whether to watch GTV or to just have a friendly conversation with their peers. The choice is up to them, GTV is such a wonderful thing for our school. [disclosure: this reporter works as talent for GTV]

Mr. Clapier does an amazing job in producing GTV. Whether it is teleprompter operator or on-screen talent, he does a good job of informing the students what to do and what not to do. “I appreciate everything Clapier has done with GTV.” Mr. Cousins said.

Clapier has been producing good content ever since my freshman year of high school. “I love doing GTV,” Clapier said.

Some Lancers may think that doing GTV is a piece of cake, but guess what — it’s way harder than it looks. TV production students have to get the announcements ready in just one class period, it’s even harder on Mondays.

Students may think it’s easy to stand in front of a camera and read the words being produced from the teleprompter, but it’s not. The talent has that thought in his or her head like, “Wow the whole school’s going to see this.” and talent wants more than anything to not mess up in front of the whole school.

Some students want some of the GTV talent to have more fun with it. “They should make the talent look more interested in GTV,” Derrick Rosas (9) said.

The thing students don’t understand is that the talent is definitely interested in being on GTV and producing the announcements for Lancers, but sometimes nerves get to them. Talent can’t be fun all the time, especially if it’s their first time on GTV. Sometimes they have a limited amount of time and can’t waste time by dabbing on GTV and doing other fun stuff every single day.

But, teachers have a different opinion than students when it comes to GTV’s on-screen talent being more entertaining. “GTV is a wonderful thing but I don’t think the students on it take it seriously,” Mr. Cousins said. What Cousins says is true. Many GTV reporters start with the attitude that it’s a joke.

Every time they record GTV, it goes up on YouTube after Granger sees it. That means students from Hunter or Kearns or even people who work at KSL can view it. It may seem like one big joke, but it’s serious work. GTV reporters can use GTV broadcasts as audition footage for the actual news jobs.

So can anyone else who works on GTV.

“It’s not a joke when you guys go up there.” Cousins said. And, he’s definitely right. It’s not a joke at all.

“It’s a program where students get to learn from students,” Mr. Beck said. Lancers don’t take advantage of having GTV. Don’t think teachers just put it on so Lancers could use their phones the whole time.

Because Clapier has done an amazing job producing this type of product. He didn’t produce it just so Lancers could ignore the fact that he added a ton of graphics and new things for students’ enjoyment. The talent leads the pledge every day and they inform Lancers about events that are happening around Granger.