Student Body President

CARMEN CENDEJAS, that’s someone most of us know. Carmen Cendejas of Granger High in the 12th grade is the student body president. Wonder what it is like to be a student’s body president, well lucky for you we got you in on the scoop.

“Being student body president is pretty fun. I get to meet new students all the time. I like being around them and getting to know them. Just knowing their names and building a bond with them is a lot of fun,” Cendejas said “I enjoy it and I honestly don’t think that being student body president is any different than being a normal student. I’m not high almighty or anything I’m just like anyone else, I have homework and a job that I have to do.”

Deciding you want to run for SBO or CO there are a lot of things to consider. It’s difficult decision to make. You have a lot to consider in order to be SBO or CO. Running for SBO or CO is not something you should take lightly.

“I decided I wanted to be the student body president at the beginning of my junior year,” Cenedejas said. Being SBO is a huge responsibility.

Being student body president you want to do good in the school and at the same time make yourself a better person. They want to set goals for themselves and the school and achieve them.

“My goal for the school is to get everyone connected. Just remember to be yourself. Don’t be afraid to step outside your comfort zone. For me it’s the same way I just want be myself, “Cenedejas said.

Even if you feel like you aren’t good enough to be SBO or CO remember you are. Carmen did it. “I used to think that I couldn’t do it and that it wouldn’t work out but it did. It worked out because who I am,” Cenedajas said. Remember all you have to do is be yourself. Don’t let what someone else says bring you down and stop you from doing what you love to do.

Scared that your friends and family won’t support you and won’t want you to do it? Trust me they will Carmen’s friends and family does. “My friends and family are very supportive if me. They all said that it would be a good idea and that I should do.” Cenedejas said

Want to talk to her but scared that she won’t like you because she doesn’t know you and won’t care. “Even if you don’t know me and you want to talk to me than just come and talk to me. Weather it is at lunch or in the hallways still just come talk to me. I always have time. Don’t be shy.” Cenedejas said